ROOTS (formerly Occupy the Hood), People’s Community Medics, and Malcolm X Grassroots Movement invite you to
Join the Million Hoodie & Hijab contingent on May Day!
as part of the Dignity and Resistance march in Fruitvale & the International May Day mobilizations for workers & im/migrants
Tuesday, May 1
Meet at 3:00pm at Fruitvale BART plaza.
After the rally, we’ll join the march to San Antonio Park and on to Downtown Oakland.
Uniting our struggles against racist profiling and oppression
In honor of: Trayvon Martin (Sanford, FL), Sergio Huereca (El Paso), Shaima Alawadi (San Diego), Oscar Grant (Oakland), Ramarley Graham (Bronx), Rekia Boyd (Chicago), Danny Chen (U.S. Army), Kenneth Chamberlain (NY), Agnes Torres (Puebla) and all people attacked, detained, brutalized, and killed by racist violence.
We will wear our hoodies, our hijabs, our rebosos, in solidarity with each other for:
* An end to police brutality and vigilante murders *
* An end to splitting up and deporting our families *
* An end to the oppression of all immigrant communities *
* An end to all forms of racism, xenophobia, and homophobia *
* An end to evictions, foreclosures, and gentrification *
* An end to school closures and funneling our children into private prisons *
We call for Black, Brown, & Arab Unity against institutional racism
We want: Schools not jails. Homes not banks. People not profits. Immigrant rights. Civil Rights. HUMAN rights for all! Continue reading →